Books I've Read

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Did I ever tell you that procrastination is my middle name


So yeah I know it has been forever and I'm not going to make excuses. What is, is and the rest is complaints, stories, and excuses.

I am currently in the last two weeks of my second clinical placement. I have been on a busy Acute Neuro Unit. For those of you who don't know what that means...basically we get anything and everything that involves your brain and the "wiring" that goes from your brain to the rest of you body. So it is pretty incredible the wide variety of cases we see and the different stages of emotions that we deal with. Some days are pretty funny and scary all at the same time. I'll tell you one thing we are not very often bored.

I am pretty excited as today I am going to be on the monitored side. What this means is that the patients are even more acute, so it requires a lot of immediate action. So who knows what I'll be in for. I'm looking forward to it. What is also means is that I will be exhausted tonight. Oh well. I have all day off tomorrow. No work and no school. I'm going to head to my cousins to celebrate my birthday with my second cousin who shares a birthday with me!! So that should be fun.

Anyways. I have tons of pictures that I have taken in the in between time BUT until blogger deems me cool enough to get the new blogger I'm not going to post any of the old pictures. I'm hoping that things are calming down a bit over the summer so I will try and keep this updated a bit more BUT I make NO promises.

1 comment:

Melodiejoy said...

It’s Melodie (Matheson) Duguay – Just thought I’d see what you were up to now. You can reach my blog by a link through Danita’s blog.

Wow – a lot has changed – in 14 years!!! You look as though you are leading an extremely adventurous life!! Maybe I’ll contact you after my son’s next EEG – you obviously would understand more about the technical medical stuff than I would!

Happy Birthday!